Followers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Bugaboo easel card and tearing mulberry paper tip!

Hi Friends!  This week Jackson's Digital Expressions Anything Goes Challenge #20 has an optional Sketch you can use.
RJ_Aug 28th Sketch 
And this week we have 2 sponsors!  The Cutting Cafe and Bugaboo Stamps.  I made an easel card using the Edward Elephant - Flower image.  I just love this little guy I think he's sooo cute!  The sentiment is by Unity Stamp Co.  

I used the Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol to blend them.  Stickles on the flowers and the "toenails"...actually now that I think of it this is EDWARD!  LOL!  That's too funny...oh well it's a gender neutral elephant! 
On the letters I colored the bottoms of the letters and used the blending stump with Gamsol to pull the color up to the top and then highlighted with Stickles.  I love how they came out!  Crystals are Jolee's Hotfix Crystals.
NOW FOR THE TIP:

1.  I use a paint brush and water to "draw" a line where I want to tear the mulberry paper.
2.  Gently pull the paper in an outward direction and it tears very easily.  You can gently pull on the edges outward to smooth the fibers out.
Hope you found these tips helpful and hope to see you at JDE this week for another Anything Goes Challenge!  Have a great week!

Hugs,

1 comments:

Sheila H said...

Your card is adorable. I like the colors. Thanks for the tip - I enjoy learning from you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I read them all and it's truly appreciated! :D